Wednesday, January 28, 2009

You would think, given the burgeoning number of shops, malls and designer outlets in Cape Town, that finding a simple pair of metallic-brown flat sandals to match the dress I just bought for a wedding in three days' time, would not be an impossible task.
You would be wrong.
While I am of course fully aware of Murphy's Law of Shopping (which states that, when shopping for a specific item, that item will be categorically un-locatable until a minimum of three weeks after you needed it), I had thought that the simplicity of my search parameters would allow me to fly under Murphy's radar, thus rendering my shoes easy to find.
I was, it turned out, entirely wrong.
No amount of searching has procured my footwear. I have been into expensive shoe shops. I have been into cheap ones. I have scoured department stores. I have run around into boutiques on my lunch break.
I feel like Cinderella's prince, except in my none-too-fairytale life I've got the foot, I'm just desperately searching for the glass slipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment