Wednesday, May 13, 2009

House hunting...

Alas not as glam as it sounds; was helping a friend view houseshares yesterday so her boyfriend has a place to stay when he moves to Cape Town. Thought it might be fun, a little preview of one day when someone finally offers me gainful employment (please god) and I can move out of my parents' house.
Well, let's just say living at home suddenly not seeming so bad. Feck it, living in Bogota in the 90s might be preferable (or at least, I wouldn't have to be there long).
These places were bad. The words 'student hovel' spring to mind. Two things, to help you visualise the scenes, and then I can go back to blocking them out:
1. What I suspect was a more-than-week-old cabbage, on a plate, in the living area...as 'art'.
2. Picking my feet up, pony style, so as not to soil my pumps with the seemingly omnipresent dog poo.
I kid you not.

No comments:

Post a Comment