Friday, August 28, 2009

Reasons why today is a Good Day

(in no real order of importance, with the exception of reason number 1, which nothing can top)

Reason Number 7
It's Friday, and that's always a good day.

Reason Number 6
I slept the deep sleep of a girl who has painted her nails and fallen asleep with her fingers accidentally very close to her nose.

Reason Number 5
I woke up lighter today than I did yesterday.

Reason Number 4
The weather man has promised me a high of 23 degrees today. This means that summer might really be just around the corner.

Reason Number 3
There's a Woollies salad waiting in the office fridge for me for lunch. At 1600kJ it's a bit of an indulgence, but since I woke up at 5am, came into work early, am not taking lunch and have, with incredible self-discipline, been avoiding the other copy eds' toast runs all week ... well I think I deserve a little something something. And Woollies salads are right up there on the yum scale.

Reason Number 2
I'm at work early, which, though otherwise might not seem like a good thing, means I get to leave early too this afternoon. Why, you ask? Kindly see below...

Reason Number 1
Boyfriend is taking me away for the weekend to a surprise destination to celebrate our first anniversary.

I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment