Monday, September 21, 2009

What a lovely weekend of lovely loveliness :)

Popped up to Jo'burg for the weekend to visit Boyfriend. Need I say more?

And as if being with Boyfriend wasn't giddy happiness-inducing enough, it was fantastic to be in warm weather for a change. Makes me all excited for summer in Cape Town – I'm already dreaming about this season's wardrobe. Think I'll go shopping this weekend (bad Jade).

So it's Monday, but it looks like The Weekend in Numbers is getting replaced by The Weekly Change for a bit. Speaking of which...

This week I will: be more decisive.

I'm sure everybody who knows me is doing a happy dance right now. I'm by far the most indecisive person I know, and it drives everyone around me crazy. I annoy myself sometimes even. One really shouldn't quibble for so long about the choice between a chocochino and a latte. That's fifteen minutes of my life I'm never going to get back.

It costs me money too, being so indecisive. Can't decide between two pairs of shoes? Easier to just get both and deal with the financial fallout from my comfort zone of not having picked the wrong ones (pop psych would probably say this fear of making the wrong choice is the very foundation for my indecisiveness). Worse, I recently bought two different colours of the same top.

There's also nothing more cringe-inducing than hearing myself say, like an uncertain timid schoolgirl, 'I don't know. What are you going to eat/drink/buy/see/wear.'

From now on, whether it's what to wear, what to eat, where to go or whatever, it's ruthless decision-making all the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment