Sunday, October 18, 2009

I've been a shamefully irregular blogger this week (and I mean irregular in terms of infrequent posting ... stop sniggering, your toilet humour does not amuse me).

So, time for a quick update before the madness of Monday begins (gosh I remember when that phrase applied to Mercury drinks specials, not production dates and print deadlines. Funny how quickly things change).

The Trivial
My hair is turning brown. I'm thrilled.
My ghd came home last week. It was received with all the love and affection usually reserved for kittens rescued from trees. It's settled – I'm a hair-obsessed materialist.
Swam 50 lengths at gym today. How is it that I'm seemingly swim-fit but still can't climb more than a flight of stairs without being a litle out of breath?
I've developed a dirty little lunch hour habit of Vida and fashion magazines. Not only is it terribly indulgent, I'm having stabs of guilt at what it's cost me in both pennies and kJs this week.

The Tragic
Boyfriend is coming home next Thursday, but is being whisked away for just about the whole four days he usually spends in Cape Town by his company for their end-of-year celebration, which is taking the form of an employee-only weekend away. I ask you...

The Tranquil
A 6 am pilates class on Friday morning. Yes, I was as blown away by my dedication as you are. I haven't been up so early to exercise since swim practice in high school.

And so far as ringing in the changes goes...
Last week things kind of got away from me, what with the Daisies recovery and the disappearing Boyfriend sadness and the work-getting-busy stress, and I kind of, er, forgot to think of a change for the week. Which means I also forgot to make one. Whoops.

So looking ahead...this week I will: learn to accept a compliment. Not that they shower from the heavens or anything, but from now on instead of saying, 'It's just these pants/It actually needs a wash/I'll tell the people at MAC/I was just lucky anyone could have done it/Oh this old thing?', I am going to actively remind myself that refusing a compliment is actually kind of rude (you may as well say the complimenter's opinion means nothing to you) not to mention annoying, that accepting compliments is a damn easy way of building some self-esteem and that Grace Kelly probably never turned one down. And just imagine how many she got.

From now on it's the gracious smile-and-say-thank-you all the way. I'm going to go practise in front of a mirror. Sleep tight bloglings...

No comments:

Post a Comment