Monday, October 5, 2009

Tragedy has struck

My ghd is dying.

Was trying to use it this morning and something funny seems to be happening when the cord swivels. Not so much funny actually as catastrophic. The little 'on' light goes off and it lets out the saddest little buzzing sound, like it's in pain.

Only other ghd devotees will understand the magnitude of this situation.

I now have to check that it's still under warranty (which is probably isn't) and then package it off to Durban for two weeks to be fixed (if, by some miracle, ghds come with a five-year warranty I don't know about).

Thank God and Meryl Streep that there's another straightener in the house. Can you imagine if there wasn't? I'd have to stay inside for the next two weeks or more, which would seriously ruin my Rocking the Daisies plans.

Add to that the fact that I spent an obscene amount of money having my hair dyed this weekend, only to find that instead of the lovely sophisticated chocolate brown colour I wanted, it is in fact bordering on black. I'm hoping it'll lighten after washing and spending some time in the sun, but I fear that's overly optimistic – my hair tends to hold onto colour in the same way my hips hold onto toast, so it's more likely I'll have to grow it out.

Why why why?

All makes for a pretty gloomy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment