Monday, June 14, 2010

The Weekend in Numbers

Number of hours spent at the office on Friday: 3 and a 1/2. And let's be honest, only about 30 minutes of that was actually spent working.

Number of live games watched: one. France vs Uruguay at the Cape Town Stadium. I'm going to sound stupid if I say, wow it was just like on TV only better.

Okay there, I sounded stupid.

But really, it was amazing.

Would have been nice if there was a goal though. And maybe a hotdog.

Number of nights spent in five-star luxury at the Lanzerac Hotel and Spa in Stellenbosch: one. Parents' 40th wedding anniversary celebration. A massage, a chocolate and wine tasting, a three-course dinner, beautiful room with an en-suite the size of my bedroom at home ... they had to pry me from the bath when it was time to check out.

Number of minutes it took me to get used to the whole five-star luxury thing: about five. On returning home yesterday afternoon I was taken aback that there was suddenly nobody to park my car or carry my bags to my room or fetch me an umbrella when it started raining and I needed to walk somewhere...

Yes, spoilt, I know.

Number of spaces ahead of everyone else in Thirty Seconds at games night at Bunny's place last night: plenty. The Bunny and I are the machine Thirty Seconds team. Just you try beat 18 years of shared experiences.

Number of minutes of cardio this morning before work: 30. Getting the hang of this early morning gym thing finally. Which is good, considering I had two muffins with breakfast at the hotel yesterday.

Yes, that's with. Not for. With.

No comments:

Post a Comment