Friday, July 30, 2010

Tee gee eye eff

So I've finally made it through this very odd, slightly disastrous, very unmotivated and entirely out of whack week.

Congrats to me. Here's what I've learnt:
  • My healthy eating and gym plan goes right out the window as soon as life becomes a little less ordinary and I have things to do like going to work dos and getting ready to welcome Boyfriend home. 
  • I should stop getting attached to peripheral people in my life to avoid feelings of abandonment when figures such as my Pilates instructor or personal waxer move away.
  • One should never go to an editorial lunch without planning an escape clause that forces one to leave at a decent hour. At least not when one has a whole list of things that one had planned to get done after said lunch.
    On Wednesday evening I somehow managed to wash my hair, clean and vacuum my place, bake and ice cupcakes, and paint my nails – after about nine bottles of Chocolate Block and Haute Cabriere between six people. It was difficult, to say the least. I alternated between Miss Energiser Bunny (the two trying-to-sober-up double espressos catching up with me) and Miss I Am Holding On To The Bedroom Carpet So That I Don't Fall On To The Ceiling Duh.
  • I will never again drink and dial (or whatever the equivalent is for texting).
  • Sometimes, I am a complete idiot.
  • Five weeks is far too long to go without seeing somebody you love.
  • Eating a real meal after three weeks of soup for dinner can cause stomach pain.
  • My Mac weather widget can't be working properly because it is forecasting sun for today and it is not sunny outside.
  • One does not catch up on one's reading by watching House every night before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment