Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly

The good
  • I survived another team-building hike on Friday. Just barely though. The half-hour meander to Crystal Pools turned into a six-hour up-and-down slog when we decided to try for the pool on top of the mountain (our first mistake) and subsequently got lost in the ledges.
  • It's only Wednesday morning and I've already been to gym four times since Monday.
  • Boyfriend is arriving tomorrow night, only two weeks since the last time he was here. Gosh, I nearly feel like a normal couple.
  • My awesome financial advisor gave me a box of chocolates yesterday, just to say thanks for investing my hard-earned ducket with him (and pretty much guaranteeing I'm going to stick with him – you feed a girl chocolate, she's never leaving, I'm just saying...).
The bad
  • Work's been a little, er, manic this week so far and I haven't had the chance to blog. I know my legions of loyal readers are heartbroken...
  • Still can't shake this cold, although I suppose when I do things like go swimming in the miserable Cape Town weather I have nobody to blame but myself.
  • It's more than a week till payday and Biscuit's petrol light is on.
The ugly
  • Lady Gaga's VMA meat dress. And (better? worse?) this (clicky clicky).
  • I went for a random cholesterol check over the weekend, and discovered mine to be surprisingly high (surprising because I exercise, am not a steak girl, can't remember the last time I had an egg and don't smoke).

No comments:

Post a Comment