Monday, December 6, 2010

The Friday Night Staff Party at Karma Lounge in Numbers

Number of new pairs of shoes worn: 1. They were so happy to finally see the light of day. 

Number of drinks: foggy 

Number of photo booths: 1 

Number of sober, smiling, decent-looking groupshots taken in photo booth: 1 

Number of smashed, prop-filled, drunken-faced photos in which at least three extra people than is necessary are crammed into the tiny space of the booth: far too many. Least my directors look about twice as hammered as I do. I tried to grab all the prints in what I thought was a fairly astute bit of damage control, before being informed at the end of the night that all the images are being put on to a CD for office-wide distribution. 

Number of lucky draws won: 1. A R400 shopping voucher. That brings to four the number of competitions I've won in the past five or six months. I think I should buy a lottery ticket soon. 

Number of regrets: None really I suppose, though I wish I could quickly go back in time and double-check that all my conversations were in fact sensical (I know that's not a word but, you know, whatevs). That and maybe not have started pulling shapes to a Katy Perry track. Still, not bad...

3 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog,loving your writing:)I am now a follower!Glad to find another great SA blog!

    Vanessa

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa!

    Ar...you'll make me blush.

    Welcome, welcome, pull up a chair, I'll make you a nice cup of tea if you promise not to leave :)

    Me, Jade

    ReplyDelete