Thursday, January 27, 2011

TGIT

Somehow Thursday is always a good day for me. It's not as awesome as Friday, but I suppose in a way it's like those last couple of weeks leading up to Christmas – full of potential. You may be at work right now, yes, but Friday is but a craning of the head around the corner.

I guess that's why people phuza?

Anyway, thanks to the merciful fact that it was payday on Tuesday, this weekend promises to be a little more activity-filled than the last. Not that I'm against relaxing, it's just I don't like feeling like my hands are tied due to my impecuniousness.

So this weekend, this little piggy is going to market – with her plus-one. That's right, I'm taking Boyfriend to his first ever Cape Town cool kids 'I'm so hip it hurts' market. And not one actually, but two.

Tomorrow night we've got the Me, You and Everyone We Know night market at the Labia (see below). It's named after an indie movie (the one where the girl always wears shoes that are too tight and the lead male says, 'You think you deserve this pain but you don't', which I've always found strange) but the epithet is more accurate in terms of the fact that every time I've been I really have seen just about every single person I know (of the hipster variety, that is).

Then on Saturday morning we're up bright and early to hit the Neighbourgoods Market at the Old Biscuit Mill. I know I should forgive him based on the fact that he's been living in that place up there (can't say its name) but can you believe Boyfriend has never been? Situation shortly to be remedied. I'm thinking crepes for breakfast and maybe another coconut (not really).

After that it's off to the tattoo convention for a bit of normalcy.

Is the shining brighter today?

No comments:

Post a Comment