Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Supreme jealousy

Was in the kitchen just now preparing my lunch of cardboard Ryvita and cottage cheese, when one of our art directors just casually mentioned that she's not in the office tomorrow – nor the two weeks after that. The lucky, lucky girl is hopping a plane to Istanbul tomorrow, and shortly after that heading to Florence and Milan, for a little solo holiday.

I could die of jealousy at the moment, because
a) I've never been to either city, but would love to see them both.
b) I haven't been on holiday – to a foreign place at least – for a year, and someone with itchy feet like mine gets serious withdrawal symptoms.
c) Loner that I am, I find travelling alone to interesting places very, very exciting and soul-nourishing. Elizabeth Gilbert, tell me how I can make it happen for me...

So anyway, given that I'm not independently wealthy and am tied to the office for the next six months at least, is there any generous millionaire type out there who wants to make my day and offer to fund a round-the-world trip?

Anyone?

Crickets. Damn.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like you climbed into my head and put my thoughts on paper (except for that it's your boss going - not mine...). Been struggling with the exact same issue for the last year myself. Entry level salaries suck hairy... - I will not complete that thought. If you find above mentioned millionaire please refer. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous too BUT ... I'm going to Bali, Lombok and KL, Malaysia in the next two weeks. By myself. Next year I'm hoping to see NY, New Zealand OR ... Ecuador.

    ReplyDelete