Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oinked

I love living in Tamboerkskloof. Not only does it take about fifteen minutes to get to work (and that's in traffic) but the Milner Farm means that on some mornings – like today – I spot the family of pigs taking their daily constitutional around the neighbourhood.

Seriously, can you think of a better way to lift your mood first thing on the morning on your way to work, when you've got toothpaste on your shoe or your hair is flat or there was no milk for your Special K?

I can't.

In other news, the beginning of May has seen me trying desperately to up the ante on my healthy regime. How's this for a good start:

Monday     
Dancing (two hours)
Tuesday     
Pilates (one hour)
Wednesday
Dancing (1.5 hours)
Thursday   
Killer abs (15 minutes)
Cardio (30 minutes)
Lunch hour swim (40 laps – or 38 or 42, I lost count somewhere)

Not bad hmm? Also I have a new philosophy. It's called 'What Would Kate Do?'. Because clearly in order to be loved and adored by millions, fall with your derriere firmly in the butter, and always have shiny, bouncy hair, one needs to conduct oneself in a certain way. Therefore before I do anything from now on, I will first imagine how Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge would proceed.

And smile. And ... wave.

I think I could be good at this.


3 comments:

  1. hehehe...

    WWKD - such a good question to ask

    ReplyDelete
  2. or... WWOD
    What would Obama Do....
    Send in the Marines/Seals/Army and take out anyone or anything that gets in your way :)

    Sorry just had to jump on the other train, the Kate & Wills train is just so full at the momemt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe - I need to keep my eyes out for those pigs...have never seen them (my boyf lives in TK) and I'm sure it would brighten my day ;-)

    xoxo
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete