Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy Spring Day!

   


September first is finally here. And in true Cape Town style, it's cloudy and cold in the Mother City on the day that's supposed to signal the changing of the season and the onset of warmer weather.

To be expected, I suppose.

Oh well, happy Spring Day anyway, and happy Friday and happy long weekend to me!

Okay that was unusually mean-spirited, wasn't it? Forgive me, I'm just a tad excited at the prospect of having tomorrow off, waking up late tomorrow, having a manicure and then heading off for two nights in Franschhoek with Le Boyfriend to celebrate three years of The Jono and Jade Show.

The prospect of this weekend is so happiness-inducing, that it nearly mitigates the fact that:
  • I owe SARS more than R2 000
  • I drove at 90 km/h through a speed trap in a 60 zone on Sunday morning.
  • The nett outcome of my weight fluctuations since January is four kilos. Four! Good lord, let's hope the beginning of spring sees some kind of difference in my willpower. I have plans for you, tummy, and you're not going to like them.

Okay is it time to start the weekend yet? No? Well, roll on 5 pm please...

No comments:

Post a Comment