Thursday, June 21, 2012

I feel like I'm kind of living my life again. At last. Work's still crazy busy (it just never seems to end) but I have discovered that by waking up at 5 am, I can fit more me-stuff into my day.

Like arriving at work in an outfit that isn't the same one I wore yesterday just in different colours.

And blogging.

And making weekend plans. For example:

The weekend that was:
  • Friday night on the couch with Le Boyfriend and wine and general relaxation and not thinking about work
  • Saturday afternoon at Fairview with the rest of the madhouse (also known as my friends), tasting cheese, tasting wine, buying cheese, buying wine, eating bought cheese and bought wine on the first available patch of grass we saw in Franschhoek (bergie picnic).
    Also discovered that Franschhoek is not a five-minute drive from Fairview, as we'd originally (in our somewhat wine-addled brains) thought.
  • Saturday night at a (slightly) debaucherous prop party at Kill City Blues recording studio for the RobFather's 35th. Partied like it was like 2009, only better, because there was no queue for the bathroom and there was no almost-break-up the next day.
  • Sunday – Father's Day – involved a walk up the back of Signal Hill, a family braai (miss those) and then more couch and wine (and Magnum) time on the couch with LBF.

Equal parts relaxing and drunk. Perfect combo.


That brown bag, which originally contained lemon bread,
ended up around the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.
Because it's not a bergie picnic, without a papsak.


And then, the weekend that will be:
  • A comedy festival
  • A day at the museum with my bergie picnic accomplices

So far so cultural. Fear not though – I'll crowbar some wine in there somewhere.

Okay, time to get start work. And ... go!

No comments:

Post a Comment