Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The elephant in the room


Sigh. Rubbish morning.

My fight with the mirror has nearly reached its 2006 proportions. Getting dressed is the biggest effort these days. The square metre in front of my full-length is getting to be a war zone. It's a pretty fraught place to be, squaring up to my disappointing reflection.

How could I have let this happen? I weigh roughly 10 entire kilos more than I did this time last year. How does that just sneak up on you?

I'll tell you how ... when you pull the wool over your own eyes and laugh about eating three cupcakes in one sitting and how you really should go to gym.

Oh isn't it all so devilishly hilarious two kilos in. The vista, I'm afraid to say, is a lot less humorous from where I'm sitting now.

I wish I could go back to the days when I just thought I was fat, when there wasn't irrefutable evidence to support my whining.

I'm almost feeling nostalgic for a time when looking like this was all that occupied my thoughts:



No comments:

Post a Comment