Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Foot in mouth disease

I seem to be suffering from this terrible affliction lately. My foot has been quite firmly lodged in my mouth for about a week now. Good thing I wash my socks regularly.

Example one
Was in the lift at Cavendish when a cute little girl asked me what my name was. When I, in turn, asked her, and she said 'Leah', I expounded on how that had been the name I wanted to change mine to when I was little, after reading a series of books about a ballerina. I then asked if she did ballet. To which her mother replied: 'No, no ballet, I'm afraid. And it's Leo ... it's a boy.'
Blush much? Then again, if you're going to let your pretty two-year-old son have hair down to his shoulders, you're asking for trouble.

Example two
A little background: Le Boyfriend, much to my dismay, is sporting a moustache again. He (and his moustache) spent most of Saturday with a friend down from Durban (let's call him Crispy), drinking beer and goading each other into eating too much chili sauce. Consequently, there was a bit of a gaseous situation going on (of the belching variety only, thank god) by the time I arrived home from work.

Crispy (after Le Boyfriend had released yet another burp, though the first, to my knowledge, of the evening): How do you put up with that?
Me (assuming Crispy is referring to the 'tache): What, his face?

Thank god Le Boyfriend was a six pack in and didn't take too much offence*.

Example three
Colleague: Is it weird to stalk a girl who works with your boyfriend, and who he's suddenly all buddy buddy with?
Me: Of course not. That's what Facebook was invented for.
Colleague: Okay, I'm going to search for her. Tell me if you think she's pretty.
Me (rolling my chair over to her desk where Facebook is open to a profile page): Well, for a start, that's a weird profile picture.
Colleague: We're still on my page.



Going to keep my mouth firmly shut for a while.


*Love you baby

2 comments:

  1. this has made my day so happy.
    sorry for your troubles but thanks for the giggles. am glad to see I'm not the only one who says all the wrong things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about this condition of yours but thank you so much for providing a brilliant giggle!

    ReplyDelete