Saturday, June 13, 2009

And the rain came down...

Which is typical really, since every day of the week - all those nights that I didn't go out - the weather was good (well, good for winter anyway).

I know...my social life is all a-tatters at the moment. Jade's rocking Friday night consisted of a belly-dancing class at gym followed by eating takeout and watching The Kite Runner for the second time. Not that I didn't enjoy my class. Quite the opposite actually. Our instructor, Desiree (what else?), is just lovely and laughs at all her own jokes. The only problem is that she keeps shouting 'And loosen girls! Shake it! Loosen! Loooooooooooooooooooosen!' but I'm seemingly inept in the looooosening department. Probably because of fourteen years of ballet, during which we were constantly entreated to 'Tighten girls! Pull up! Tighten! Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighten' by a teacher who probably wouldn't have laughed at her own jokes, even if by some small cosmic glitch she ever happened to make any.

But anyway, of course it rains the one night that I have plans to go out and party like I'm seventeen again (except without my mother waiting up, on the verge of calling the police should I arrive a minute past my curfew). What will I do about my hair?

In other news, I think the test on Thursday went well. They must have thought so too, since I was contacted on Friday with inquiries as to my 'expected salary' (er...forty five grand a month should cover it guys, thanks).

No comments:

Post a Comment