Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy first of July...

Apologies, I have been shamefully neglectful of my blog of late, and I know that the thousands of you out there who read me daily have been almost catatonic from withdrawal symptoms (sigh, don't I wish?).

Ok so we're officially halfway through the year. I seriously thought that by now I'd be:
- A few months into my first job
- Paying off a car
- Living away from home in some cute flat somewhere, bankrupting myself buying pretty linen and faux vintage popcorn bowls and gorgeous shoes and Elizabeth Arden 8-hour Cream Moisturiser (because really, what else does one need?)
- Skinny

But, here we are, entering into the second half of 2009, exactly six months away from my 23rd birthday (oh god, I'm sure I was seventeen a few minutes ago?) and I am currently not ticking a single one of those boxes. Not for lack of trying, mind you. The flaw in my great plan for the year was that just about every goal rested on the accomplishment of the first, ie getting a job.

But - as I'm sure you're all sick of hearing - that one's finally ticked (or will be on Day One, the 29th of July). I really feel like after that life can finally start. I know this is shockingly boring of me, but all year I've been dreaming of the lovely ordered bliss that will be working Monday to Friday, nine to five, looking forward to weekends, hating Mondays and getting paid at the end of the month like the rest of the world.

My dirty little secret is out. I am looking forward to being a happy little cog in the machine. (Don't worry, I'm sure this won't last past, say, my second pay cheque.)

No comments:

Post a Comment