Friday, July 3, 2009

Oh to be a skinny bitch...

So last night over an AMAzing homemade veggie pizza followed by a slab of chocolate sitting in front of the fire, The Energiser Bunny, Birdy (aka The Serbian) and I got to talking - about a lot of things really, but in particular about weight, specifically, losing it.

These are the kind of guilty conversations that seem necessary after a healthy dose of cheese and chocolate.

So Bunny - who weighs about the same as a box of low fat crackers - subscribes to the everything-in-moderation, eat-when-you're-hungry-stop-when-you're-full school of weight loss. Then again she's also been known, when there's 'nothing in the kitchen', to survive an entire day on a stick of raw broccoli. So I guess some people are just blessed with some special gene which allows them to go through life simply being indifferent to food.

Her next bit of wisdom was from some or other pop-psychology book with a name like 'Gorgeous Me' (or possibly, 'If I pretend to love myself maybe nobody will notice I'm a fatass'). Apparently, since I gym regularly and don't eat like a famine victim at an all-you-can-eat buffet, it's possible that this is exactly what I'm supposed to look like - it's called my body's 'Happy Weight' or something.

Niglet, please.

If whatever higher power there is intended me to have a cuddly tummy, he wouldn't have invented bikinis or end of year holidays with everyone else's skinny girlfriends.

Spent the rest of the night trashing Birdy's mum, who has the indecency to have an overactive thyroid, meaning she's skinny no matter what. Some people have all the luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment