Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I know, I'm the worst...again with the woeful blog neglect. Soon it's going to think I don't love it, and start staying out late, falling in with the wrong crowd and vandalising public property in a bid for parental attention.

But I have a fairly watertight reason. Been playing house with Boyfriend up in Jo'burg for the last ten days, seizing my last couple weeks of freedom before I begin (squeal of excitement) the daily grind, and my laptoplessness means ixnay on the freelancing and blogging when I'm away from home.

Which also meant entire days bonding with Boyfriend's awesome couch (and kitchen) watching House while he was at work. So I'm not complaining.

And okay so I think it's time I stop being delusional. I say Jo'burg because that's where my plane lands, but in actual fact, my home away from home is a bit more than a stone's throw away from OR Thambo. Basically you'd have to pick up that stone, drive for just over an hour, and then you find yourself in the charming foreign universe called Witbank (which, yes I know, is in a totally different province even to Jo'burg).

Ah the banks...home of the two-tone-shirt-wearing, mullet-sporting Dutchman (as well as various other crimes against fashion), who fly around in suped-up Datsun bakkies and support something called The Bulls (can anyone help me out with this one?). It's a scary, scary place at times, and believe me, Boyfriend is not there by choice (pesky thing called work keeps him there, away from his native Cape Town).

Anyway, so that's the truth. But now I'm back (via a short divertion to George of all places when my flight couldn't land in Cape Town's fog), ripping up my last few days of freedom - it's T minus seven days till I hit the grown-up world of work. Boyfriend is following me home on Thursday, so all is pretty much fantastic in the world of Jade.

On that note, I think a weekend sabbatical is in order. Just hope the blog-child doesn't start smoking crack while I'm away.

No comments:

Post a Comment