Monday, August 3, 2009

It's Monday...

...and time for (drum roll) The Weekend in Numbers:

Number of Saturday morning tea parties, complete with teapot, scones and cream: 1 and it was pure loveliness, thanks Noodle and Twins.

Number of successful shopping trips: 1. Why is it that when I have an impossibly sad-looking bank balance I find all kinds of goodies that I must have? Anyway, picked up some fab-ulous jeans/leggings (London's hipsters are calling them 'jeggings' of course). Think uber skinny jeans but comfortable like leggings because - and this is the awesome part - they have elasticated tops instead of a button-and-zip combo. It's a miracle, but the elastic somehow contrives to be flattering, and it's a delightful return to childhood to just pull them on and go. I might go get a second pair just in case something happens to the first ones. Seriously.

Number of nights getting all dressed up, smoky eyes and everything, to go and see the Dirty Skirts at Assembly, and then ending up staying at home because my lift plans fell through and I couldn't bring myself to spend my precious little cash cabbing it back and forth, when I could just change into my sheepy pyjamas and snuggle myself into bed for an early night: 1. Winter makes me so antisocial...

Number of hours spent at work: 4. Yes, that's right, I'm still mining the rewards of part-time work, but only until the end of August and the arrival of my very first pay cheque.

Number of trips to gym: 1, and on a Sunday. How proud are we of me?

Number of kilos I can bench press: 7.5 - I had to laugh at myself.

Number of alcoholic drinks consumed in the last seven days: 0. Look at me go. Will keep this up until the two weeks are over, which shall be precisely after work this coming Sunday, upon which time I shall be found at Baraza taking full advantage of their R10 Sunday cocktail special.

1 comment:

  1. Not into workin girls, but a girl that works is cool with me! Found you on Peas, thought I would drop over from Durbs, and say Hi! Tea and Bikkies are good!

    ReplyDelete