Friday, July 31, 2009

So I've nearly survived my third day as a working girl (stop sniggering you know exactly what I mean).

Super conveniently there's been a bit of a bottleneck on the design side of the magazines, so our little copy editing corner has been rather quiet and we've left early every day I've been here. Which, I don't have to tell you, is a fabulous way to ease into this whole job/working thing.

Decided to brave the freezing outside world at lunch today (see? look at me go with this whole segueing into office life). I never drive around this part of town, let alone walk. Not that's it's particularly dodgey or anything - I've just never had a reason to, what with it being all office blocks and businesses. So I took a little wander about, and felt like a total tourist. Not only did I nearly manage to get lost (okay maybe not lost, per se, just had a bit of a sense of misdirection), I also found myself having a little fit of glee at each new coffee shop or eatery I happened upon – of which there were many. Who knew? I suppose all the tower block drones need somewhere to go to get away from their desks for an hour. Major discoveries included the existence of two sushi bars within walking distance, and the Food Lover's Market (I'm there, I am so there).

So anyway, was a rather successful little wander. Of course, when I decided it was time to stop a-walkin' and find somewhere to nibble my lunch I made another discovery: this city seriously needs some more benches.

Ended up in front of the fountain at the convention centre, sitting on an empty bench in the wintery sunshine, which to some people might seem like a very sad image but was really rather nice. So there.

PS: what on earth did I do to myself at pilates last night? Miss a few classes, go last night, and suddenly I'm a cripple...

No comments:

Post a Comment