Friday, September 4, 2009

A few little-known facts about me

(that I'm sure you're probably never supposed to admit, let alone in the public forum)

I secretly indulge in chick lit, late night rom coms and vapid TV shows like Gossip Girl about beautiful people in beautiful places wearing beautiful things. Their lives are just so hard...

I have the incredibly politically incorrect wish to be Asian.

I can finish a whole pizza, and then, not ten minutes later, contemplate dessert.

I'm incredibly smug about managing to maintain a long-distance relationship for a year now.

I get irrationally and quickly irritated by having to repeat myself, even once.

Two of my goals, aside from a 19.5 BMI, visiting at least a quarter of the world's countries and finishing (okay starting) Crime and Punishment, include being published semi-regularly in a world-class glossy and having a novel or book of essays on bookshelves worldwide.

I don't eat fruit. No, not even an orange. No, not even strawberries. No, not even peaches with ice cream. (What part of 'no fruit' do you not understand?) Please don't try to make me have 'just one bite, I promise you'll like it'. I don't. I also abhor tomato sauce.

For an English major, I'm shockingly under-read. Proust who?

I'm quite materialistic. I get the same buoyant sense of joy from buying a new mascara that more worthy people get from, say, feeding the homeless. I'm not proud, I'm just saying.



Short, unflattering character sketch. I think I do this self-deprecating writer thing really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment