Monday, September 7, 2009

The MacBook has landed...

Yes that's right. I am the proud owner of a beautiful, shiny, latest-edition MacBook. It's so lovely, I nearly kissed it goodbye this morning before work. It's all I can do to stop myself from periodically stroking it and whispering, 'My precious...'

And sure, I'll be paying back my financier (she also answers to 'Mum') for quite some time, but as a wise friend of mine said, 'It's not just an expensive toy, it's an investment in your future career.'

So I'm as pleased as the proverbial punch, and spent most of last night (nerd that I am) playing with iPhoto's scrapbook slideshow functions.

I <3 my MacBook.

So it's Monday, and in keeping with my spring resolution to make one positive change every week, this week's change involves taking a few seconds (I'm a busy girl okay?) every day to be grateful for all the incredible things in my life. I know ... it's very Oprah. But I get so ahead of myself all the time, thinking 'and then ... and then ... and then' and ticking off my innumerable to-do lists that I forget to stop and appreciate how good things are right now.

And they are good. Really, really good.

1 comment:

  1. As ever Jade, your Blog makes me smile.. This comment isn't only focused on this post, the last four infact.

    Thinking about it, it's radical - when I first came here you had 47 or so vists, now you're nearing 1,500!

    #BOOM

    ReplyDelete