Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm alive!

Which I am every Tuesday, yes, but it was touch and go for a while this week.

Went on a team-building exercise yesterday (read: copy eds looking for an excuse to get out the office). We did the Postberg Flower Trail in the West Coast National Park.

Yes that's right. A hike. A five-hour, fourteen-kilometre hike to be exact. And I enjoyed it. Me, the poster girl for laziness, walked for fourteen kilometres (a bit more actually, since we got lost a couple times and did a few loops to get back on track) and enjoyed it.

I'm as shocked at myself as you are.

Of course, we stopped for tea multiple times along the way (what did you expect?), and had lunch and a nap on one of the West Coast beaches. It was all very pretty, what with the flowers and the aminals (yes I said aminals) and the views and whatnot...

Sorry can we go back to the fourteen kay part? I like that part. It sounds impressive.

Scratched my ankles to pieces, and I have some of the dodgiest sunburn ever – why do I always burn in strange patches? why? – but even with that and my achy legs I still feel really good about the whole thing. Woke up exceptionally happy for a random Tuesday morning in the middle of September. Must have released a boatload of endorphins yesterday.

Can I say it again? Fourteen kilometres. Arm pumps for Jade!

No comments:

Post a Comment