Thursday, October 1, 2009

Just a little prick

Going to donate blood this afternoon. Apparently the national shortage has reached critical status again and they have something like two days' worth of blood left – which means if you have an horrific accident on Saturday, sorry for you.

So off we go, copy eds minus one (disqualified for beginning a new love affair within the past four months) to have our veins harvested. Gulp.

This is the first time I'm donating – though not for lack of trying:

Attempt 1: too young, no permission slip
Attempt2: had a piercing too recently
Attempt 3: had a tattoo too recently
Attempt 4: iron too low

If I manage to get all the way there without chickening out and they turn me away again, I might just accept that the universe doesn't want me to do this.

I'm also kind of hoping they'll tell me I'm not allowed to go to gym tonight. Is that wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment