Tuesday, October 6, 2009

OK enough

I agree. Stop with the self-pity (yes, I know you were all thinking that after my last two posts, don't deny it).

I'm trying to look on the bright side with this whole hair dye story. Although, for me, looking on the bright side means looking on the dark side – I always try to imagine all the horrible things that could have gone wrong, trying to lessen my perceived severity of whatever pickle I'm in. Usually works too. The human mind is ocassionally amazing in its stupidity.

So:
My hair could have come out orange, instead of black, which has been known to happen when you fuck (sorry) around with chemicals and hair.
I could have fallen prey to some horrible scalp-eating bacteria that caused all my hair to fall out, leaving me bald and forced to wear bad barbie wigs for the rest of my life.
I could have been hit by a bus crossing the road to the salon, meaning I would have died with mousy brown hair. The horror.

So when you weigh up all the horrible things that could have happened but didn't, really I'm in quite a good position with this non-orange hair that's still attached to my head which hasn't been knocked off by a bus.

How's that for positive thinking?

Also, the lovely people from ghd sent a courier to pick up my straightener today, so it's on the path to being fixed. Now we wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment