Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Trivial much?

OK so it has just occurred to me that my last three posts have been about my hair.

Have I always been this superficial, and maybe just didn't realise it? I mean, Noodle and I have been known to while away a good fifteen minutes' worth of conversation talking about hair ... but in the public forum? Bad Jade. My apologies everyone.

And in the midst of the black-hair-miserable-Jade saga I've all but forgotten about my little regime of weekly changes. Tsk Tsk.

So obviously last week I became a blood donor (finally). I'd say that counts as a good thing? And it's something I fully intend to keep up. I even have the little card that tells me when I'll be due for another donation (29 November, if you're wondering). See? I'm a fully paid-up, card-carrying saint, I am.

This week ... hmmm. I was thinking about something esoteric (curb my bouts of self-pity?) or something body-conscious (stop eating bread for a month maybe?) but I've settled on...

This week I will: improve my vocabulary.

If you know me, you know how much I love the written word – or words in general really. One of the reasons I love iGoogle so much (apart from the sporadic Katherine Hepburn quotes – 'Life is hard. After all, it kills you.) is that it gives me dictionary.com's word of the day. It's like a mini intelligence booster on my homepage every morning. Some of the words are boring (burgeon? ameliorate?) but some are pure tongue-tingling loveliness. Like this morning's for example: foofaraw – excessive or flashy ornamentation; also, a fuss over a trivial matter (for example, I made a bit of a foofaraw over my hair the last few days).

See? It's easy. Pretty soon nobody will be able to understand me. I'll be spouting off sentences like, Oh what a crapulent weekend, I was downright esurient. Pity my ankles are still rather incarnadine, but no need for a foofaraw, I'm sure they'll ameliorate.

Moohahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment