Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tiny (JC Le Roux) bubbles ... so divine...

Only semi-deaf today, thanks to having my ear syringed yesterday (if you've never had this done to you, let me paint you a little picture: large, scary Victorian-looking steel syringe, meet my ear. Ear, I'd like to introduce you to Pain.)

Ouch. Not cool.

Less cool? Am going back tomorrow to have it done again.

On a much lighter note, not being the kind of person to let a hearing impairment and end-of-the-year fatigue stand in the way of epicurean delights, I toddled off to Liquorice after work (which, for anyone who doesn't know, is a digital ad agency doing some very hot stuff at the mo).

(Yes, that was shameful publicity-punting.)

Anyway, the lovely girls at Liquorice had organised a nougat and bubbles tasting for a group of us, including the lovely Anel from Spit or Swallow.

Two things:
1. Bubbly and nougat tasting = better than a chocolate and wine tasting. I'm serious (deadly so, because you know how much it would take for me to choose anything over chocolate). The nougat does this lovely little fizzy thing when it starts to tango with the wine in your mouth. Heavenly.

2. Though I'm not a huge fan of sweet sparkling wines, I'll challenge any girl's girl to resist the temptations of those teeny pink handbag-sized (does this make me sound like an alcoholic?) bottles of JC Le Roux La Fleurette. Of course, I was more interested in quaffing some of that new La Vallée Rosé, an off-dry Pinot Noir Cap Classique. With its pretty salmon blush, it looks like a girly drink but tastes like a grown-up bubbly. Best of both worlds...

1 comment:

  1. i wish i could experience this wonderfull life but that's impossible as i'm in east london but i really think you cape towneres are lucky and must take this oportunity

    ReplyDelete