Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reasons to stay in bed this morning:

1. Am somehow exhausted and it's only Tuesday. We pretty much hit the ground running every morning on the work front these days, and I've started editing layouts in my sleep, so that could be the reason behind me waking up feeling as though I've only just closed my eyes.

2. Swam at gym last night and managed to seriously block my ear (was walking around going, 'What? What? Speak into my good ear!' like some parody of an octogenarian). Of course, being me, I couldn't just leave it alone – after trying all night to extricate whatever water was in there with my towel, my fingers and finally a cotton bud, I now have an earache from the inner circle of hell. It's entirely possible I have cotton wool clinging to my eardrum.

Reasons to get up and go to work:

1. Have a JC Le Roux tasting at Liquorice to go to tonight. Very nice. I do feel like this (sorry I have to say it) previously tacky brand has pulled up their socks and come to the sparkling wine party lately, with some very nice Cap Classiques being released. And I'm a sucker for anything as delightfully girly as pink bubbles.

2. Not going to work could result in death by avalanche of job bags tomorrow – even with us all coming into the office on weekends, we're still barely swimming with our heads above water.

3. If I were to stay in bed for the rest of my life I would never have the chance to wear any of the clothes or jewellery I bought over the weekend. And that would be a real tragedy...

No comments:

Post a Comment