Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday mornings in Cape Town winter weather make me wish I was my dog. He's probably still curled up in his bed, snug and dreaming about giant legs of lamb or the Yorkie down the street – whatever it is dogs dream about.


My tummy is currently lodging a complaint about the massive amounts of food I asked it to digest yesterday. It's making its feelings known by contorting itself into knots, crossing its arms and glaring at me. Or at least that's what it feels like.

Watched Up in the Air last night. Interesting, quiet kind of movie. Anna Kendrick bursting into tears was classic, as was her list of attritbutes she's looking for in her future husband. ('I always imagined he’d have a single syllable name like Matt or John … Dave.'). Also quite liked Vera Farmiga succinctly describing what my brother and I like to call the female condition: 'We all fall for the prick. Pricks are spontaneous, they’re unpredictable and they’re fun. And then we’re surprised when they turn out to be pricks.'

Watched the end credits seriously thinking, is my backpack too full?

Forgot to mention I spent a very nice Saturday evening having dinner at the Sidewalk Cafe with That Ulanda Girl. If there's one reason (out of the many reasons) I love her it's because she and I are probably the only people who will drink a pot of tea anytime, anywhere, after any meal. I can always count on my tea girl.

Happy Monday all...

No comments:

Post a Comment