Sunday, May 9, 2010

I have a food baby

Wow, high tea at the Mount Nelson does not disappoint.

Decided to pull out all the stops for my mother this year, as she's a bit picky at the best of times (she buys her own flowers on Mother's Day because my brother and I can never seem to buy the 'right' ones).

So off the family trouped in this grey Cape Town weather to eat ourselves silly at one of the most indulgent meals in Cape Town.

Even better? Jimmy Choo decided to throw in a display of their pre-fall line for our ogling pleasure. And free gifts for the moms (and me – not sure why. maybe was the pathetic lustful looks I was throwing the shoes).

Ate myself into cucumber sandwich, salmon choux pastry and teeny, tiny, heavenly cake oblivion.

And just look at the little shoes and miniature buckles some poor pastry chef probably spent the last few days slaving over (bet they're cursing the 'Choos ):






And no, those aren't all my plates...

1 comment:

  1. yummy - looks yum. I have not been for high tea in ages. I really must go again :)

    ReplyDelete