Monday, May 24, 2010

The weekend in numbers

Number of haircuts: one. DON'T worry everyone, it's still long, just ... neater. There was a little Herzlia teenager getting her Brazilian blowdry rinsed while I was there. I've never seen such perfect, straight hair before. Starting to consider taking the plunge...

Number of weird things saw in the the traffic on the way to have my hair cut: one. A girl in the passenger seat of the car behind me was combing her eyebrows with a toothbrush. Laughed myself silly, and then it struck me that somebody watching me in the traffic might think that I was the weirdo for having a laughing fit while alone in my car.

Number of hours spent at the office on a beautiful Cape Town Saturday: four. Oh well. Girl's got to do, I guess...

Speaking of work, I finally finished up all my freelance commitments. And you can read my first published work here on page 57:



Number of cars looked at: zero. Was supposed to go and test drive what will possibly be My New Car yesterday, but the owner had to reschedule. On the bright side, this means I get to drag the all-knowing Boyfriend (who's here from Thursday) along to take a gander, kick its tyres, look at its engine and ask all the intimidating questions (whereas I would just look at the cute upholstery and nice shiny paintwork and ask when I could have the keys).

No comments:

Post a Comment