Thursday, June 10, 2010

Went to see SATC 2 last night so I suppose it's time for me to add my two cents about it to the blogosphere.

I did not love this movie.

I didn't hate it either. In fact, it's probably best to say I went into it with middling expectations and they were all met.

This is unfortunate. Perhaps I should have said this first, but I am not a hater. I was (am?) a huge fan of the series. Both my brother and my boyfriend at the time bought me the complete box set for my birthday one year. I've watched it twice. I draw eerie parallels between the Boyfriend and I, and Carrie and Big. I have a Carrie necklace (only mine says 'Jade').

But this movie didn't do it for me. And not in the way the series or the first movie didn't do it for stuffy, intellectual, I only watch thinking cinema types (because if you can't see through the shoes and the dirty sex to what the show was fundamentally about then you're really not quite so smart as you like to think you are).

But SATC 2 had none of the series's charm, none of its edge.

Miley Cyrus makes an appearance for godssake.

Having said that, I did laugh out loud in parts and okay, yes, I probably would watch it again. But you won't catch my buying the DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment