Monday, July 12, 2010

Biscuit is going for surgery today

I took her to the AA for a technical check on Saturday, and they found all kinds of things wrong with her. Not hugely bad things – nothing engine related – but bad enough.

Like a half-existent handbrake, for a start.

Luckily she's still under warranty, so the dealer is coming to pick her up today and take her to the doctor. Poor Biscuit. I actually forgot to say goodbye to her this morning (see? I'd make a terrible mother). I'm hoping though, that this is the beginning and end of my car trouble. (Nothing wrong with a bit of wishful thinking.)

In other news, I 'Hup Holland Hup!'-ed with the best of them last night, to no avail. Oh well, I'm not entirely bummed that Spain won (least it wasn't Uruguay – what's that? fourth? oh shame...). Good for them.

However, I do wish Puyol would tie up that hair of his, rather than swinging it wildly at the ball every time he's close to a cross. I just want to hand him an elastic band and explain that if he doesn't at least consider hair accessories then he will only have himself to blame when one day that curly mop gets up off his head and slinks away of its own accord

It actually kind of reminds me of our new cleaning lady at work, whose unruly hair extensions keep falling out and ending up in places you really don't want to see them, like the dish drainer.

Did you just involuntarily shudder? I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment