Monday, July 19, 2010

Life in a fish bowl

(Yes aren't you loving my creative and intriguing post titles that turn out to be nothing more than a hook to getting you to read about my fairly quotidian goings-on?)

So, I'm wearing my contact lens today.

Yes, that's lens, singular. Why can nothing about me ever be normal, but always has to have some spastic twist? On the bright side, I suppose having 20/20 vision in one eye and, um, non-20/20 vision in the other means I save 50% on contact lenses.

Anyway, after giving up on them years ago, my eyes (eye?) have (has) been straining a bit of late, so I've decided to give them another go. Not too sure if it'll take. I'm having this weird fishbowl feeling, like I'm seeing the world though the glass of an aquarium. I may be hazardous in traffic.

Maybe I should just stick to my reading glasses. Pity I lost them a couple weeks ago...

Shopping list:
  • Yoga mat (the gym mats are starting to freak me out a bit, crawling as they are with the bacteria and sweat of others)
  • Reading glasses
  • One of those stay-soft refill things to put in Biscuit (when I finally get her back that is) to make her smell purdy and less like honking eau de new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment