Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So despite the fact that I still live with my parents (my secret is out), I am finally, at the ripe old age of 23, starting to feel like a grown-up.

You think this kind of thing happens when you turn 18, or 21? It doesn't. In fact, I'm fairly certain that even when I'm 40 I'll still be stumbling along through life waiting to become An Adult.

Still, feeling marginally less adolescent. I have a degree, a job, a credit card, a chunk of debt, my own car and, as of yesterday, a financial advisor.

We had coffee at Vida and talked about unit trusts, risk categories and provident portfolios. We also talked about backpacking around France and paying for gin and tonics when you're retired, because, well, I can't help but try to make people in suits into human beings.

So now I have a money guy. Never mind the fact that I have about zero rand to invest right now... It's not even a week since payday, how am I already in the red??

No comments:

Post a Comment