Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cape Town's weather is being typically contrary – two September days of rain and storm clouds and counting. Ordinarily I wouldn't mind (what better excuse for spending the whole weekend snuggled on the couch with popcorn and a blanket than miserable meteorology?) but I had been hoping for a little sun over the next three days.

Why, you may ask...

Because I'm taking tomorrow off work and then Boyfriend and I are heading to Franschhoek to celebrate our two-year anniversary.

Sorry, just pausing quickly to savour your jealousy.

Where was I?

Oh yes, three days of heaven right around the corner. I can hardly wait. I can hardly work. I can hardly ... pack.

Why is this always such a problem for me? I consider myself a pretty good packer (I'm neat, I'm thorough, I hardly ever forget anything), it's just that it takes me forever. I started yesterday afternoon and while there are neat piles of clothes all over my couch and regimentally lined up toiletries on my dresser, there is nothing actually inside my suitcase yet.

I am one of those people who cannot bear being caught on the hop, therefore packing to go anywhere for more than a night involves imagining every eventuality and then putting together an outfit for it.
I once packed an umbrella and a bikini into the same overnight bag, just in case. Do you see the problem here?

2 comments:

  1. No problem, you're just a practical kind of gal! :) I hope it's a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem!!
    Enjoy the weekend. My partner grew up in that region and we just love visiting there!!

    ReplyDelete