Monday, August 16, 2010

The Weekend in Numbers

(Including Thursday, because I can.)

Number of Cape Town Fashion Week shows attended: 1, a joint affair between Suzanne Heyns and Coppelia. I know the fashion world is all about cultivating a cool exterior of ennui, but I must confess myself to have been excited, not least because I finally had a reason to wear my grey, peep-toe, fold-over ankle boots somewhere they'd be understood. The show itself was fun (even if I didn't quite 'get' the clothes) what with the lit-up runway, the models' jutting hipbones and all the fashion mag eds in the front row. Thanks to ThatUlandaGirl for the invites.

Number of episodes of House watched on Friday night: 4. I rented them from the DVD store and stayed in with my blankey, a big bowl of popcorn and a Magnum Death by Chocolate. Because that's how I roll these days apparently.

Numbers of raging all-nighters complete with tequila shots and that ole rock 'n' roll music: 0.

Number of pairs of shoes bought on credit: 2. Whoops. 

Number of foreign-language films watched at Cinema Nouveau with the dear (albeit a little sad) Miss Lane: 1. HelloGoodbye. Was charming.

Number of unexpected gifts from the long-time-not-seen but actually quite missed Bunny: 1. Star-shaped cookie cutters. Some friends just know you inside out and upside down don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment