Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Black Tuesday

God another one? I hate experiencing myself in a bad mood. Maybe it's something to do with my pathological need to be liked, but when I've got the cartoon thunderclouds hovering over my head, even I don't want to be around me.

Woke up in a very unhappy place this morning, largely thanks to the endlessly frustrating tug of war between me, my body and my bedroom mirror. This was exasperated by the fact that I was running late, and then couldn't decide what to wear on yet another stormy day in Cape Town. It's the 21st of September, isn't that supposed to be some big meteorological turning point or something? Why is it still winter?

So I rushed out of the house, hating my sartorial lack of effort, hating my body, hating my breakfast cereal, hating the weather and just generally feeling hateful.

You know those mornings when you drive to work, and part of you is wishing you'd get involved in some nasty car accident, just so that you wouldn't have to deal with the coming day? That was me.

Sighness. Black Tuesday indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment