Monday, September 27, 2010

Day one

7.7 kg from goal weight 
(There's no way in hell I'm posting my actual weight – I may die of embarrassment – so for now this will serve as my running tally.)

So here I go, attempting to survive the day on nothing but water. In an attempt to make this more doable, I skipped gym this morning. Felt lazy not sweating out the weekend's excesses on the cardio circuit, but I think it was the sane thing to do.

Managed to get out of bed and into the office on time without my morning cup of tea, so so far so good I figure. Of course, now I'm all optimistic and thinking about extending it for more than a day, but I realise that by one o'clock I may have to be forcibly stopped from licking other people's lunches, so for now I'm sticking to the modest goal of a one-day fast.

Didn't sleep well last night. When I was wasn't jumping in and out of bed at every noise in the street thinking it was someone breaking into Biscuit, I was worrying about today. Not worrying that I may be tired, or hungry, or weak, or not able to work properly, but worrying that something would happen and I wouldn't be able to see out a day of no food. The blow my self-esteem would take from that, would be awful. I mean, if I can't control my body for just one day, I must really be quite pathetic.

Anyway, I decided to use that lying-awake time wisely and come up with a plan for the rest of the week. Won't bore you with it now, but look out for Alphabet Soup, coming to a blog near you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Would you be interested in linking your blog to an online magazine for fuller figured women?
    you can have a browse first www.rubenesquemagazine.co.za

    Take care

    Calliope
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :)

    Great site, but I think that linking myself may be somewhat hypocritical. I admire what you're trying to do, but unfortunately I'm still stuck in the stage of trying to get away from my Rubenesque-ness.

    Good luck

    x

    ReplyDelete