Sunday, September 26, 2010

Warning: this blog is about to get extremely single-minded.

It's now very little more than three months until I turn the grand old age of 24, and I have decided that I will NOT go into another year of life having not achieved my weight-loss goals. It almost doesn't matter to me that I've ticked the others off (degree, tick. job, tick. first car, tick, published, tick...) when there's still this constant batlle between me and my scales.

So, in an attempt to prevent myself from getting in my own way (and because nothing else seems to have worked yet), I am now going to go public with my mission. Hopefully being accountable to the internet at large will give me that extra bit of willpower I need to resist slices of buttery toast and various office birthday cupcakes. This is either going to work like a charm, or be a very embarrassing exercise in public humiliation. Here's hoping for the latter.

I indulged in my last day of dietary freedom by going to Raw Cafe with Bunny where, despite the misleading name, we managed to drown ourselves in coffee and cake so good that the backgammon game we'd initially been very excited about fell by the wayside. A great little spot incidentally, which seems to catch the spillover from the ever-popular Sidewalk Cafe up the road, though Raw deserves the business in its own right.

Feel a little bit sick now after the carroty-icingy-chocolatey fest (how did I make that sound yuck?), so much so that I'm almost looking forward to my water fast tomorrow.

Yes that's right. I – the girl who can usually only sustain a diet as far as morning teatime – am about to embark on my very first fast. Feels like the kind of thing to do to kick this project off right. Nothing so dramatic as a Master Cleanse or anything, just a simple day of consuming nothing but lovely, cleansing, calorie-free, good-old aych-too-oh. A mere twenty-four hours, starting tomorrow morning. Baby steps I figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment