Monday, September 27, 2010

Well thank god, the work day is nearly over. Looking forward to going home and vegging, possibly having a nice bubble bath.

Not that today was particularly hard. Somehow didn't even hear the faintest of tummy grumblings through the day, probably thanks to all that water I've been chugging down. Who would have believed I'd actually make it through?  (Yes yes, I know there are a good couple hours to go still...)

Only stumbling blocks were Martha Stewart's Cookie of the Day recipe, a decided lack of support for what I'm trying to accomplish, the smell of our staff writer's microwave popcorn wafting over to me, and this quote, by Isabel Allende, who I am currently reading:
 
I repent of my diets, the delicious dishes rejected out of vanity, as much as I lament the opportunities for making love that I let go by because of pressing tasks or puritanical virtue.

Anyway, I'm sure breakfast tomorrow is going to taste like a little bit of heaven. Despite how easy today actually turned out to be, I'm not planning a second round. I've proved my point to myself, no need to be extremist...

No comments:

Post a Comment