Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Only a few weeks ago, it was still dark when I'd drive home from gym at 7 am. This morning, upon leaving my house at 5.30 am, the sun was already starting to come up, and by the time I was out the shower after my workout, it looked like a summer afternoon outside (minus the bending trees of course).

Earlier sunrise = longer days = unequivocal proof that summer is approaching, despite it being yet another blustery day in Cape Town.

This is not only great news because it means shorts weather, holidays and drinking on the beach, but because it makes getting back into my gym routine that much easier.

I confess, I've been a slacker for the past couple of weeks, snacking on peanut butter toast and slowing down to a record low of two gym sessions last week.

I'm not going to complain about my weight loss grinding to a halt (it's my own fault after all) but what is frustrating is that most people start gymming and eating healthily to lose weight, whereas now, I have to hit the gym five times a week and eat like a rabbit just to maintain. The second I stray from the straight and narrow path of the treadmill, I seem to gain. Tis very frustrating dear readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment