Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jingle bells, jingle bells...

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but the problem with working in the magazine world is that you live about two months ahead of everyone else. Right now this means that even though it's not even halfway through October, I'm already getting into the Christmas spirit.

I love Christmas in a big, big way. It's my favourite time of year, and I just don't get people (like Boyfriend for one) who feel all bah-humbug about it. What's not to like? It's summer, it's the end of the year, if you're not on leave you're almost certainly not working very hard, there are parties, there are presents, you can spend time with your family (okay maybe therein lies the rub for some people) and the whole world seems to be more cheerful about life in general.

Sure there are the manic malls, the endless Christmas shopping and the inevitable broke-ass-ness come January, but ever heard of taking the good with the bad?

Anyway, thanks to the December issues being processed at the mo, Frank Sinatra is now crooning carols in my head and I'm thinking about baking Christmas biscuits and making gifting lists. This is also the first summer/Christmas in three years that I'll be home for the holidays, so I'm looking forward to the ole yuletide even more.

Okay, not another word though until Halloween's at least over...

No comments:

Post a Comment