Monday, October 4, 2010

The weekend in numbers

(How long has it been since I did one of these??)

Number of birthday dinners on Friday night: 1. Perfect combo of cheese and wine, cake and conversation for Noodle's 24th (gosh we're getting older every year).

Number of lie-ins on Saturday, instead of going into the office as planned: 1. So sue me, my keen bean spirit wore off when I weighed up the relative comforts of my bed and office desk chair.

Number of what I'm going to call 'road trips' because it was Biscuit's first really long drive: 1. To Romantiques in Hermanus to continue the birthday celebrations. Romantiques, apart from being the most legendary antiques/vintage clothing and accessories/china/WW II memorabilia shop, is a 20-seater cinema that screens old movies (for free). It's so old-school, the owner sits in the back and changes the film reel, and the popcorn costs R4.

Number of  fashion shoots helped out with: 1. Okay, okay, it was for Bunny's mock mag for her thesis, but we had a photographer and a super skinny model and multiple wardrobe changes in our trailer (Warren's truck with sheets hung up for modesty) and I got to stand around holding the big light reflector thingy like a dork and used industry speak like 'Well, see what the art director thinks' and there were tourists pointing at us and taking pictures, so was all good fun.

Number of excess kilojoules consumed: about 10 000, between Friday night's three courses and Sunday night's pizza. Not going to gym this morning hasn't helped me feel any less mammoth, though resisting having a slice of one of the four cakes in the lounge for our office manager's birthday gave me some semblance of self-control back.

No comments:

Post a Comment