Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wow, I'm surprised nobody offered me some cheese with my whine last night.

Yet another day of sunshine here. I was about to tentatively announce that Cape Town has finally caught on to the fact it's summer, but I see rain forecast for the weekend. Quelle horreur, because Boyfriend and I are going to Rocking the Daisies this weekend, and I would be much obliged to the universe at large if I didn't have to camp in the mud.

In other news, it's Cape Etc listings time again, which means days of phoning up restaurants asking them anything from 'Do you still do double-baked, three-cheese souffle?' to 'Is there really a live TV feed from the kitchen to the bathrooms?' and 'Are your chandeliers shaped like cabbages?'.

Most people in the office now think I've lost it (either that or have a serious penchant for oyster carpaccio, which I was shouting down the phone at a waitress, trying to make myself heard over restaurant din).

In other, other news, I have a feature about online dating to write, if anyone fancies volunteering either a success story or (more excitingly) disaster stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment