Monday, November 29, 2010

The Weekend in Numbers

Number of big sighs of relief heaved on Friday afternoon: one. With the annoying exception of one outstanding feature, crazymanicstressful November is officially over (workwise at least – and still two days before I have to wake up and realise it's 1 December and panic about birthday and Christmas gifts). 

Number of nights on the couch with a DVD and Woolies pasta salad: one. Friday. My celebratory feeling didn't last past about six pm, at which point me and my lame ass hit the couch to finally crash.

Number of critics-said-it-was-bad-but-I-really-quite-enjoyed-it-does-that-make-me-stupid? movies watched: one. Eat, Pray, Love. And yes, I read the book, and yes I loved the book, and yes I enjoyed the movie. So there, all you haters. Sometimes something feel good is, well, just that. Good company too (insert winking smiley here at Miss Lane).

Number of cocktails in the sun on Sunday afternoon: just one, but it was a Jack Sparrow.

Number of impromptu shopping trips after cocktails in the sun: one. To the V&A, ostensibly to Christmas shop for a friend's soon-to-be-visiting-from-the-Karoo parents, but I ended up buying another dress. Oh, Erin, how could you let me? 

Number of Eat Out's top 10 restaurants in South Africa that are in Cape Town: 7, including hat-trick winner Rust en Vrede (best restaurant, best chef, best service). Ah, good food, good wine, good scenery and good-looking people ... you want to live anywhere else why?

Number of minutes of cardio this morning: 40. Yes! Starting the week off right...

1 comment: