Monday, December 20, 2010

So, it's that time of year when I, like Santa, start making lists, checking them twice and so on and so forth (I won't bother with the usual naughty and nice jokes, because I plan to be a bit of both).

Seriously though, as much as I'm a list lover all year round, at this particular moment in time, everything in my life has been reduced to point form, from Christmas shopping lists to end-of-the-year to-do lists and last-few-final-things-to-wrap-up-at-the-office-before-I-go-on-leave lists.

One magazine left by the way. And only three PDFs at that. I wait with bated breath. Three PDFs and counting...

Everything's also been reduced to some kind of countdown.
  • Twelve sleeps until I'm 24 
  • Five sleeps until Christmas (yes I'm a 12-year-old when it comes to the ole Yuletide)
  • Three sleeps until I'm officially on leave
  • And (drum roll please) only TWO SLEEPS until boyfriend and his Garden-Route-road-tripping posse cruise into Cape Town, after which he's never leaving again.

Oops, I may have sounded a little like Isla Fisher's Wedding Crashers character there. What I mean is he's going to be working and living at home from now on. No more flying around the country, no more long-distance, no more Skype every night. I can hardly wait. It's Christmas come early is what it is...

ho, ho, ho

No comments:

Post a Comment